We have worked closely with the Open University for many years, delivering digital services to ~200,000 students per year.
Our most recent work includes a fully integrated online Help Centre, an accessible web form framework, web chat and a comprehensive set of design tools, templates, components and usage guidance.
Digital Student Support Platform
We led on the technical strategy, designed and delivered an agile and responsive platform for delivering digital student support content. This platform was used as the basis for the online student Help Centre, Student Policies and Regulations and OU Community websites.
Student Help Centre
The main digital support hub for students. Accessible and inclusive by design, it provides 24/7 self-serve access to help and support, web forms, contact information and web chat.
Complaints and appeals
The complaints and appeals service regularly attracts very positive feedback from students. It gives them ready access to contact the correct person or department to resolve their complaint as well as the opportunity to try and self-serve answers to their queries.
Countdown to study
It's hard for students to know what they need to do and when in an organisation as complex as the Open University. We developed a pilot interactive timeline with prompts to do certain things. For example, apply for Disabled Students Allowances (DSA) as soon as possible after registering for a course. This concept proved so popular with students that it became a mainstay of the student experience.
More services we have worked on
We have worked with subject matter experts to improve and enhance many services including;
- Support with study during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Taking a break from study
- Getting careers and employability advice
- Booking an online or face to face tutorial
- Requesting extra time to complete an assignment
- Request special circumstances are taken into account in module results
- Requesting additional support at tutorials and residential schools
- Requesting financial support
- Requesting to change course
- Selecting and registering on modules
- Requesting a reference from the OU
- Checking digital skills levels
- Help writing assignments
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Student induction
- Support with next steps having completed a qualification
Who we have worked with
We have worked with staff across many different units including;
- Student Services
- Marketing and communications
- Learning design
- Human Resources
- Finance and procurement